Postdoctoral Research Fellow x 2
Post Status: 30 Month Contract
Location/Department: Centre for Next Generation Localisation, School of Computer Science and Statistics, Trinity College Dublin
Salary: €37,750 to €42,394 per annum commensurate with qualifications and
experience to date. Salary will be offered at a point in line with current Government pay policy.
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Centre for Next Generation Localisation (CNGL – http://www.cngl.ie) seeks to appoint two Postdoctoral Research Fellows to conduct research in the areas of:
- Sensor Integration for Dialogue Systems;
- Dialogue Interface Development.
Reporting to a Principal Investigator, the successful candidates will work within a large group of Postdoctoral Researchers, PhD students and Software Developers. The post-holders will work closely with academics and key research staff to research a range of advanced multilingual and multimodal web content processing applications that showcase cutting edge language, knowledge and interaction technologies.
Background to the Post
The Centre for Next Generation Localisation seeks to revolutionise the way people interact with content, systems and each other to achieve unprecedented levels of content access, process efficiency and user empowerment. Breakthroughs in the creation, processing, unification and integration of multilingual, multi-modal and multimedia content are needed to meet the needs of an increasingly mobile and multilingual society across global markets. CNGL will enable content to be created, discovered, translated and personalised, so as to efficiently and effectively deliver natural and engaging web-mediated interactions between users, organisations and communities regardless of language, device and preferences of the user.
CNGL is internationally renowned for its strong, strategic mix of leading researchers in language, adaptive content, interaction and knowledge engineering technologies and its tight engagement with innovation-driven companies that work with content at a global level. CNGL has recently received further multi-million euro funding from Science Foundation Ireland. As a result Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is now recruiting two Postdoctoral Research Fellows.
Role & Responsibilities
The ideal candidates for these posts must demonstrate:
- A PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline (essential)
- A strong record of international peer-reviewed publication in good quality international venues (essential)
- Research experience in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: Linked Data RDF, OWL and other Semantic Web Technologies; Machine learning; Natural Language Processing; Speech and Gesture recognition; Mobile and Biometric Sensor Integration; Multimodal Interaction Design for Mobile Devices; Multimodal Dialogue Analysis and Design.
- Strong experience with server administration / operations would be an advantage, especially with Unix/Linux systems and with Web server systems (e.g. Apache, Nginx).
- Strong written and oral proficiency in English (essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Proven aptitude for Programming, System Analysis and Design
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and work to exacting deadlines
- Proven track record of publication in high-quality venues
- Flexible and adaptable in responding to stakeholder needs
- Experience in releasing code to live production environments
- Strong team player who is able to take responsibility to contribute to the overall success of the team
- Enthusiastic and structured approach to research and development
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Desire to learn about new products, technologies and keep abreast of new product and technical and research developments
- An interest in the commercialisation of research.
Please Note: No expenses will be paid in travelling to interview.
For further details about this post and the application procedure please see the PDF linked below.
|CNGL Postdocs x2.pdf||187.73 KB|