Front End Dev/Designer - Research Assistant
Post Status: 9 Month Contract (+ extension)
Location/Department: Trinity College Dublin, Centre for Next Generation Localisation, School of Computer Science and Statistics
Salary: €25,000 €40,000 Commensurate with Experience
Start Date: As soon as possible
We wish to recruit a Front End Developer, Research Assistant on a fixed term contract basis with primary responsibility for designing, implementing and deploying a Personalised eLearning Web 2.0 platform that integrates cutting edge language technology with digital content adaptation and semantic web tools.
This development work will be conducted as part of a worldclass research team at the Centre for Next Generation Localisation labs at Trinity College Dublin. This team is conducting disruptive research and innovation work with datadriven language learning technology and ondemand personalised training resource production, targeted at the language services industry.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the principal investigator, the postholder will collaborate closely with an experienced NLP and Semantic Web researcher on the technical implementation and industrial field testing of an innovative software platform, to improve language learning through the automated production and delivery of tailored language learning resources. The role will involve collaborating with this researcher in order to bring an existing research prototype to product/market fit, ready for commercialisation and deployment
The successful candidates will provide web application development skills, functional and nonfunctional requirements gathering for internal development tasks required to support the commercialisation of research in CNGL. The successful candidates will work closely with academics and key research staff to deliver systems in support of the group’s research activities
in a novel computer assisted Language Learning application. This role will be part of an SFIfunded Technology Innovation Development Feasibility Study conducted at the Centre for Next Generation Localisation (CNGL) Laboratories at the School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin. (http://www.cngl.ie).
Key elements of the role include:
- Collaboration with TCD researcher to bring a research prototype to product/market fit, using Lean Customer Development Approaches
- Analysis of front end application design requirements based upon customer development analysis results
- Coordinating and communicating with academic and industrial stakeholders
- Carrying out other startup related tasks as required
- Minimum two year front end designer
- Honours degree in Computer Programming or similar technical discipline
- Excellent code optimization and software design principles as well as excellent analytical
- Strong team player who is able to take responsibility to contribute to the overall success
of the team.
- Proven ability to conform to development/web standards
- Work well in both a team environment and independently
Nice to Have:
- Previous background in Lean Customer Development techniques
- Previous experience working with Twitter Bootstrap, Jquery, Closure or AngularJS Tools
- Java programming is not required but would be an advantage
- Previous experience working in startup environments
- Speaks and/or is currently learning various languages
Please Note: No expenses will be paid in travelling to interview.
For further details about this post and the application procedure please see the PDF linked below.
|RA-JobPost (1).pdf||109.37 KB|